Today on THE REAL PERSONAL BRANDING podcast, Lauren welcomes guest Katrina Kibben. Over the New Year holiday, Lauren met up with them, and they reminded her of a reflection exercise that they do every month and that the New Year is a great time to start this exercise.
Katrina Kibben is a highly sought-after keynote speaker, a nonbinary LGBTQ+ advocate, and a writing expert. They founded Three Ears Media, and they’re a featured expert in publications like the New York Times, Chicago Tribune, and Forbes and have been named a top HR and recruiting expert in numerous best-of lists. Katrina Kibben is a nonbinary writer who founded Three Ears Media to teach recruiters how to develop inclusive, unbiased job postings and candidate experience content. No one cares about the humanity apparent in a job posting as much as they do, and their compassion is contagious and gets results.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- How Katrina Kibben shifted their career from a CMO in the corporate world to launching Three Ears Media and becoming CEO of their own company and what they wish they had known when they were first starting their business.
- How they found their niche and why recruiters need to master the ask.
- How you can apply Katrina Kibben’s goal-setting exercise in your business.
- The six questions to ask yourself during your monthly reflection exercise.
- The bonus question Lauren asks herself and how to identify your bonus question.
- Why it’s important to complete this exercise with a letter to yourself.
- What Katrina Kibben is researching and exploring right now.
- The myth they want to debunk about their industry and the advice they would give to someone who is dreaming of entrepreneurship.
Connect with Lauren V. Davis here:
Connect with Katrina Kibben here: