Lauren speaks to Phil Mershon, Director of Events, and co-founding team member of the Social Marketing World conference in San Diego California.
Phil is a thought-leader, and has built his personal brand in digital marketing. In this episode, he shares some of his secrets for creating a memorable social media conference.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Phil’s business background and how music and digital marketing have intentional congruence in Phil’s life.
- How the Social Media Marketing World conference got started.
- How he locates speakers for the conference and how speakers can set themselves up for success to be invited to a large conference like Phil’s.
- Why accessibility helps create unforgettable experiences and what Phil does to encourage accessibility to speakers.
- Lauren shares a memorable story about an experience at Phil’s conference that made her feel cared for.
- Tips for event staff and why Phil empowers his event staff to step in when needed to make attendees and speakers have an unforgettable experience.
- What Phil Mershon does leading up to an event to prepare and show up for himself and others.
- The event that most recently made a big impact on him.
- How Phil thinks live events will change after COVID-19.
Connect with Lauren V. Davis here:
Connect with Phil Mershon